Tuesday

Chefchaouen



I was not prepared for my first day in Morocco. The hustling, wheeling and dealing threw me for a loop in a giant way. This was emotionally furthered by the fact that this was my first trip without my dear Laney.

I got hassled, I am pretty sure I over paid for something, which is fine. It all made for a very overwhelming day.

I slept it off.
I awoke early in the morning and tried to navigate the city again, this time with a fresh mind.
The streets were empty except for market merchants and women with covered heads selling vegetables from blankets.
It was quiet, and I could focus.
The women here are peaceful to buy things from. It is sad to know that this is the case because I am a man and she is culturally limited with her interactions towards me.


















































I have figured out the rhythm.

I came to Chefchaouen because many friends recommended it. The energy is very powerful. It seems that the Moorish empire found a way to leave its impression long after it fell, because it has a similar vibe to Granada, only much much stronger.

Chefchaouen is beautiful and heavily painted blue. There are people everywhere and children playing futball in the streets. This whole trip from the beginning has been following a theme, finding the silence within the storm.
It seems to be an inevitable lesson to learn.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:24 PM

    beautiful post J! Love you -Laney

    ReplyDelete